Monday, November 12, 2012
Saturday, June 2, 2012
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Mr. Elliot is quite the talker. He has always been quite loud and has babbled for as long as I can remember, but I didn't realize how unusual it was for a baby his age to have so many words in his vocabulary already. I will have to look back at my journal to see when his first word was, but for now here is his list!
Words Elliot Can Say and Knows the Meaning Of:
Words Elliot Says:
Sunday, January 29, 2012
Friday, January 6, 2012
I didn't realize it had been SO long since I did an update! I will refer back to my journal and post updates for his official months and record stats from his 9 month visit but for now here's the 10 month update:
Elliot is so smart! He understands the following words: wave, no, come here, give that to me (if I hold my hand out), dance, bounce, jump, walk, milk, peek-a-boo, and stand. He can point at things and will wag his finger as well, and he can wave both with just his hand and recently added waving side to side with his whole arm to his routine. El will throw or roll a ball back and forth to you and has really started to copy our movements. When he and Derek roll the ball Derek will celebrate when he gets it (pick the ball up into the air, wave his arms, and yell in celebration) and then roll it back to Elliot - when Elliot gets it he will pick his arms up and yell. It is SO CUTE. When we were home for Christmas he was the center of attention, of course, and loved being around everyone. He can "say" ball (bah), Jesus (sus sus), Luke (gook), Jake (dake), Mama, and Dada. In case anyone's keeping track, he said Mama first! He loves playing peek-a-boo and he will initiate it sometimes. The day before we came home from Illinois Jake taught Elliot how to high five! He LOVES to play with empty bottles and will go for hours doing that if you'll let him. Elliot got his first haircut on December 23rd, right before his 10 month birthday. I wanted to wait for the year mark but his hair was so long it would get in his eyes constantly. He looks much more like a little boy now instead of a baby and no one has called him a girl since the cut!
The last several days Elliot has really amped up his enthusiasm for walking with the stroller-walker. He will do it all by himself and just push it all the way down the hall! He will let go and balance for a few seconds before he either grabs on again or falls. We don't think it will be long before he's trying to walk on his own! Such an exciting time for him.
Elliot stopped nursing at 8 and a half months and I was dried up by 9 and a half, so he's been on mostly formula since 9 months. It was very sad for me because it was very sudden that he stopped and I wasn't ready for it, but my sadness has mostly passed on that subject now. He is a VERY good eater and eats everything we eat. He is still a Cheerio-aholic and starts most of his meals with them, but he loves vegetables and fruits and even spicy food! He has had peanut butter twice now (mixed with yogurt or oatmeal to thin it out) and he can't get enough of it. Elliot will let you know that he wants another bite by smacking his lips very loudly and giving you a super intense look. He is such a funny boy.
Over Christmas Derek and I went with Brian and Ashley to Chicago for an overnight trip (we surprised Derek and Ashley) and Elliot stayed with Grandma and Grandpa. I'm happy to say that we all survived that trip and we (Elliot and myself) both did a great job!
Elliot and I are still going to the gym a lot and he is doing great at the day care. I think that he got a lot better once he started crawling and can now hang with the big kids. I'm feeling good and healthy and enjoy getting an hour to myself on the days we go.
Elliot sleeps great again! Most nights he goes for 11 hours and he still usually takes three naps a day, depending on what time he wakes up. Sometimes it seems like he's trying to get rid of the third nap but I don't think he's quite ready for it. El has 6 teeth and is working on 4 more, though I'm not sure if they're moving at all anymore. Once in a while they will flare up and bother him and you can tell that they're working their way down but it's been a VERY slow process with these four.
We love having Elliot in our family and he is such a joy to be around. He is so full of personality and makes us laugh constantly. I can't believe next month he will be 1 already!!!
Thursday, September 29, 2011
A quick note to remember all about Elliot as he turned 7 months yesterday!
Elliot is an expert at:
- sitting and rocking
- rolling - he is the rolling KING
- rotating around in circles all day
- teething - still working on 4 but 1 of those is finally almost through! The two that he already has are huge!
- laughing - he LOVES to laugh; definitely my child
- jumping - this is fairly new but he mastered it quickly. His specialty is jumping in the exersaucer.
- mama, dada, baba, gaga, geegee and numerous indiscernible cute baby noises
- shots - he got a flu booster shot yesterday and totally knew it was coming but took it like a pro
- nursing - about 5 or 6 times a day, 3-4 hours in between and 8-10 hours overnight. Usually takes less than 15 minutes now, hallelujah!
- bath time - this kid LOVES water. He has recently started plunging after toys that get away from him, so bath time is covered always by two hawk-like adults. So fun to watch.
- Skyping - he knows the ring tone and what it means when I set the computer up in front of him. It is awesome, he is so smart!
- Eating his toes - I thought we were over this stage, but he is back to eating his toes constantly.
- sleeping - vacation was hard on us and it has taken a long time to recover from it. He is now back to sleeping 8-9 hours most nights but it took about 6 weeks of waking up once or twice a night to get back (teething hasn't helped!).
- napping - again, vacation hurt! Then when painting his room we moved him to the pack and play for a week, so it took a while but he is now starting to fall asleep by himself for naps again
- smacking himself in the face with toys - he is getting violent with those toys!
- solid food - Elliot likes "big people" food more than baby food, it seems. He LOVES oatmeal and some of the foods we've introduced, and has a special new interest in drinking water from a straw (the only way I can get him to take water currently).
- Rocking out to the music - we have regular jam sessions and will sit Elliot on the floor and just watch him rock out to the music. It is hilarious. Every time a new song comes on he starts to rock again!
- the army crawl - he is starting to learn he can pull himself around if he isn't up on his knees.
- to crawl! He is now regularly getting up on his knees by himself and rocking and has started moving backwards here and there.
- to pull himself up on things - he has done it a few times in the crib and the couch and coffee table, but hasn't made it all the way up to his knees or feet. Most often I catch him still holding on to whatever he's grabbing with a death grip!